BI Database Developer
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
• Support a dynamic trading business by providing effective functional solutions to end users’ business needs – the successful candidate will be energized by the opportunity to work on real business requirements directly with key users.
• Configure, update, test and support (full-life cycle) financial systems and associated applications for metal trading.
• Design, maintain, configure, test and support proprietary reports and analytics for accountants, controllers, physical operators and traders – working in close collaboration with end users and/or with business analysts in order to maximize Traxys competitive advantage and business controls.
• Problem-solve: work closely with users to answer questions and determine root cause and solutions.
• Document functional procedures and configurations clearly and completely in our wiki knowledge base.
• Perform all of the above in close partnership with the IS-team at Traxys.
• Report to the Global Application Manager – Financial Systems who is based in Luxembourg. Your primary focus will be on supporting the US entities as well as acting as the global backup.
• We work in a small team environment in which the work is shared among the team members, providing an opportunity to collaborate and to learn from one another – we value teamwork above specialization or silos.
• Follow relevant courses and webinars/seminars to keep skills current.
• Occasional international travel may be required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or qualifications:
• Experience with database SQL query language.
• Experience with mid-to-large scale corporate accounting and/or ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage). Specific experience with UNIT4/Coda would be an advantage but not mandatory.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles.
• Experience with Business Objects reporting or similar BI tools.
• Broad experience with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office and specifically strong Excel skills (pivot tables and macros).
• Experience with helpdesk tools, project management tools, Jira (or similar) issue tracking tool.
Page 3 of 3
• Strong analytical and business writing skills with precision and attention to detail in all aspects of written and verbal communication.
• Beneficial but not mandatory: Hands on experience with implementation, functionality and operation of Commodity Trading & Risk Management Systems (CTRM). Brady Fintrade knowledge would be an advantage but not mandatory.
• Strong teamwork within a distributed team in US and Europe – ability to delegate and/or help teammates in equal measure while inspiring teammates to collaborate.
• Strong business and vendor relationship skills working directly with accounting, commercial, and systems vendor staff.
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge.
• Hands on mentality, solution minded and determined to get to the root of the issue through strong analytical thinking skills.
• Excellent time management skills with sharp focus on deadlines.
• Disciplined work habits leading by example (not 9 to 5 mentality).
• Excellent listening skills before answering.
• Ability to work independently and to know when to ask for help.
• Accountable for professional and personal behavior - acting in honor and conscience.
• You deliver customer value, keep promises and are capable to follow up on short and strict deadlines.
• You recognize yourself in our core values: result-oriented, approachable, service-oriented, honest, enterprising and connecting.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in one of the following:
• Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline
• Business administration
• English: Excellent business verbal and written proficiency
• Comfortable working in a multinational company with many accents and different cultural backgrounds
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client worksites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.