BI Report Developer
Main areas of responsibility:
The primary function of this position is to design, develop and deploy business intelligence solutions that leverage data warehouse, BI reporting and analytic solutions. The areas of focus will be the development of reports and dashboards.
- Develop and maintain reports using Cognos 10.2.2 and SSRS 2015
- Develop and maintain dashboards and apply data visualization best practices
- Define and follow Cognos development best practices
- Create data models, table structures, and views to support reporting requirements
- Create and maintain semantic data models using best practices
- Provide subject matter expertise in BI solution architecture
- Coordinating with Quality Assurance and Release Management to integrate the final work product into the production environment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 10 + years of BI/DW and data architecture experience.
- 5+ years experience and a deep understanding of BI Reporting and Dashboard solutions
- 5+ years experience with PL/SQL development with the ability to write complex and nested SQL queries
- Familiarity with development methodologies
- Experience with OLAP
- Experience using source control solutions and defect tracking software ( VSTS)
- Experience working in an onshore/offshore software development environment
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
- Have a solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of the business environment necessary to support assigned projects.
- Skilled at identifying flat areas and providing feedback to employees for performance improvement.
- Clear, logical, and effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Clearly demonstrated sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently.
- Ability to effectively direct the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical material.
Able to fully research business situation, identify areas of concern and present solution.