• Supporting a dynamic trading business by providing effective functional solutions to end users’ business needs – the successful candidate will be energized by the opportunity to work on real business requirements directly with key users.
• Implementing The Company's new Commodity Trading and Risk Management platform for all groups around the world, along with supporting and assisting users with the use of the software.
• The successful candidate will be expected to quickly learn the physical commodities trading business and to gain a deep understanding of the processes and data. On-the-job training will be provided through a series of progressively more challenging tasks assisting one of our experienced business analysts.
• Troubleshooting issues with reports, data and system workflows. Identify/design sustainable solutions that will drive continuously improvement in controls and efficiency.
• Training and assisting users.
• Reference data setup and maintenance.
• Software testing.
• We work in a small team environment in which the work is shared among the team members, providing an opportunity to collaborate and to learn from one another – we value teamwork above specialization or silos.
• Follow relevant courses and webinars/seminars to keep skills current.
• Substantial international travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or qualifications:
• Confident, comfortable communicator with ability to inspire trust from a diverse group of stakeholders including traders, operations and accounting.
• A sharp mind that learns quickly and can apply that knowledge toward helping others.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with precision and attention to detail in all aspects of written and verbal communication.
• Strong documentation skills with demonstrable ability to distill and organize unstructured information in a way that brings clarity: business requirements, user procedures, use cases and test plans.
• Hands on experience with implementation, functionality and operation of Commodity Transacting & Risk Management Systems (E/CTRM) is beneficial but not mandatory. We will train the candidate who possesses all the other qualifications.
• Technical fluency with data structures and SQL query language to write data extracts and views.
• Broad experience with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office and specifically strong Excel skills (Get & Transform, Pivot Tables, and Macros).
• Strong teamwork within a distributed team in US and Europe – ability to delegate and/or help teammates in equal measure while inspiring teammates to collaborate.
• Intellectual curiosity.
• Hands on mentality, solution minded and determined to get to the root of the issue through strong analytical thinking skills.
• Excellent time management skills with sharp focus on deadlines.
• Disciplined work habits leading by example (not 9 to 5 mentality).
• Listens before answering.
• Ability to work independently and to know when to ask for help.
• Accountable for professional and personal behavior - acting in honor and conscience.
• You deliver customer value, keep promises and are capable to follow up on short and strict deadlines.
• You recognize yourself in our core values: result-oriented, approachable, service-oriented, honest, enterprising and connecting.
Sorry, but visa sponsorship or transfer is cannot be provided.