Business Intelligence Analyst
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
· Support a dynamic trading business by providing effective functional solutions to end users’ business needs – the successful candidate will be energized by the opportunity to work on real business requirements directly with key users.
· Collaborate with trading and position management teams to create value-driven data insights.
· Design, maintain, configure, test and support proprietary reports and dashboards for traders and management – working in close collaboration with end users and/or with business analysts in order to maximize Company competitive advantage and business controls.
· Configure, update, test and support (full-life cycle) business intelligence systems
· Ensure data integrity within dashboards and reports, and develop procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources.
· We work in a small team environment in which the work is shared among the team members, providing an opportunity to collaborate and to learn from one another – we value teamwork above specialization or silos.
· Follow relevant courses and webinars/seminars to keep skills current.
· Some international travel will be required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or qualifications:
• Advanced business analysis skills and demonstrated experience in the use of trading data and its transformation into insights.
• Ability to evaluate trends in data by applying concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
• Experience in commodity trading, Mark-to-Market P&L calculations, futures, and foreign exchange is an advantage but not required.
• Experience with database SQL query language to write data extracts and views.
• Broad experience with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office and specifically strong Excel skills (Get & Transform, Pivot Tables, and Macros).
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload in a time-sensitive environment and balance multiple projects while maintaining strict attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and business writing skills with precision and attention to detail in all aspects of written and verbal communication.
• Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong teamwork within a distributed team in US and Europe – ability to delegate and/or help teammates in equal measure while inspiring teammates to collaborate.
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge.
• Hands on mentality, solution minded and determined to get to the root of the issue through strong analytical thinking skills.
• Excellent time management skills with sharp focus on deadlines.
• Disciplined work habits leading by example (not 9 to 5 mentality).
• Excellent listening skills before answering.
• Ability to work independently and to know when to ask for help.
• Accountable for professional and personal behavior - acting in honor and conscience.
• You deliver customer value, keep promises and are capable to follow up on short and strict deadlines.
• You recognize yourself in our core values: result-oriented, approachable, service-oriented, honest, enterprising and connecting.