Desk-side Technical Support Technician
Location : Southington, CT
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Compensation : 30.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Ridgefield One is a technology recruiting firm headquartered in Ridgefield, CT. Since 2010, Ridgefield One has placed qualified Technology professionals in a variety of careers with some of the best companies in Western Connecticut.
Right now, we are recruiting for a Level II Helpdesk / Desk-side Support Technician for a major employer in Southington, Connecticut. This is a highly-regarded employer with excellent benefits in a fun work environment.
The Tech is responsible for resolving incoming help desk requests for technical assistance with software, hardware and mobile devices and documenting incident information in ServiceNow. Additionally, this employee participates in and /or leads projects as assigned by the IT Operations Manager. Role requires some phone support and desk-side support activities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Providing business hours Helpdesk support including:
- Triage and initial problem determination including quick identification of high priority issues
- Accurate and detailed logging, ticketing, and tracking of all requests in the service tracking system
- Accurate, timely, and professional resolution and follow up on all incidents and service requests
- Internal and external service level management
- Accurate escalation of tickets per dept. procedures including transfer of requests to other IT groups
- Unlocking user accounts & processes in Linux environment
- Resetting mail and other applicable system passwords
- Responding to monitoring alerts/pages
- Supporting company owned cellular phones, smart phones, and mobile hot spots
- Performing troubleshooting on printers and peripherals
- Configuration and deployment of equipment including cables, peripherals and appropriate software
- Providing off shift, on-call support on a weekly rotational basis
- Developing training materials and procedures, or training users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Assisting IT Operations Manager with reporting, analysis, or testing tasks
- Contributing current technical information and best practices to the in-house knowledge base
Required Qualifications :
Experience: Minimum 5 years IT help desk/customer service and knowledge & experience in Linux command-line interface
Must have working knowledge of:
- Linux (Debian & Ubuntu), Windows and iOS operating systems
- Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Printers and audio/visual components (projectors, smart boards, televisions, etc)
- Incident, problem and request management
Must be able to:
- Lift 50+ lbs
- Climb ladders, stand on 15ft lift
- Crawl under desks and behind cabinets in wiring closets
The ideal candidate must have the ability to easily adapt to changing work assignments and prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced environment while maintaining excellent customer service. Utilizing their effective time management skills, advanced analytical and problem solving skills, and their ability to learn through research, as well as trial and error will contribute to their and our, ultimate success.
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client work sites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.