Description: Perform components of financial audits of the Company's Shared Services and Operating Units. Financial audits include GAAP financial statement audits, statutory requirements, and internal control processes.
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
- Perform and assist in the examinations of financial and operational audit areas in accordance with professional audit standards.
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Identify, document, and assess business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and controls.
- Document audit issues and recommendations using sound, independent judgment.
- Assist in audit planning/wrap-up.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by management.
- Maintain audit proficiency through self-study, training and professional association memberships.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- 0-3 years auditing experience (public and/or internal).
- Interest or experience in the commercial property & casualty insurance industry.
- CIA/CPA - passed several sections of CPA exam or passed all sections awaiting experience requirements.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word is a must; knowledge of ACL, PeopleSoft, Hyperion Smart View, RSA Archer audit and compliance modules is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Competent analytical, organizational, and communications skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting (COSO and Sarbanes-Oxley), a plus.
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance GAAP and Statutory accounting principles, a plus.
- Knowledge of claims and underwriting operations, a plus.
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Professional Practices Framework, a plus.
Location and Travel:
The position is located at headquarters in Greenwich CT. The job will require overnight travel (approximately 30%) to Operating Unit locations. Travel is mostly within the United States but there is some international travel as well. The US trips are usually 1 or 2 week trips, international trips could be longer.