Help Desk Coordinator
The Service Desk Password Account Agent is the first point of contact for the users who call the Bank IT Service Desk with account log in issues. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Agent answers incoming calls, tracks all information in a call tracking system, uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. The Service Desk Agent escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 and 3 support teams. Troubleshooting basic account log in issues on various software application systems and provide basic support.
· Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. Being present and available to users and partners requiring account password and lock out assistance.
· Respond to questions from emails and callers regarding account log in issues.
· Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software.
· Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using Service Now.
· Become familiar with Service Desk policies and services
· Identify areas of weakness within departmental policies and/or procedures and make suggestions for improvement.
· Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
· Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
· Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
· Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism
· Creativity. Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions is helpful.
· Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
· Dealing with application support queries and issues reported to the Service Desk
· Take ownership and responsibility of an issues from start through to a successful resolution
· Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible
· Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures
· Develop technical knowledge of each system within company profile and specialized knowledge of certain nominated areas
· Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support
· Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures
· Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL/SLA.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
· Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and ServiceNow to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
· Identify and learn appropriate software used and supported by the organization
· Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests
· Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
1-2 years of professional IT experience, Preferably in a support environment