Internal Financial Auditor
Location : Greenwich, CT
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : Yes
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Ridgefield One is a staffing agency serving NY, CT, and VT. Our client is a major insurance company headquartered Greenwich, CT, with locations around the US.
We are currently recruiting for an Internal Financial Auditor.
Perform financial audits to include GAAP financial statement audits, statutory requirements, and internal control processes.
- Perform and assist in the examinations of financial and operational audits
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing
- Identify, document, and assess business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks
- Document audit issues / recommendations using independent judgment
- Assist in audit planning and wrap-up
- Participate in special projects
- Maintain audit proficiency through self-study, training and professional association memberships
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- CIA or CPA - passed at least one section of either CIA or CPA exam
Skills and Characteristics:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Competent analytical, organizational, and communications skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of GAAP
Location and Travel:
The position is located at headquarters in Greenwich CT. The job will require overnight travel (approximately 30%) to Operating Units around the US. Trips are usually 1 or 2 weeks.
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client worksites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.