Department: Operations - Production
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Assembler (Plattsburgh Location)
Reports to: Project Supervisor
Our company strives to achieve and maintain the highest levels of Safety, Quality, On-Time Delivery and Cost Efficiency as possible.
This position requires accuracy and efficiency to maintain customer satisfaction. The successful candidate(s) will be accountable for their own work.
- DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Build sub assemblies and perform production line assembly of mechanical components
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observes and obeys all Health & Safety and company rules
- Follows work instructions
- Ensures cleanliness and good housekeeping practices are employed
- Liaises with other associates / team leaders and Quality Technicians
- Mount and install parts using air and battery tools: riveting tool, drill, body saw, torque tools, etc
- Complex mechanical assembly
- Drill, place, align and adjust components according to process instructions and drawings
- Modification of automotive HVAC and cooling systems
- Continuous improvement recommendations
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client worksites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Education and skills:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to lift weight up to and including 40 lbs.
- Manual dexterity.
- Physical dexterity.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Ability to use Hand Tools, Air Tools, Torque Wrenches
- Ability to interpret blueprints and mechanical drawings
- 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Available to work overtime / weekends when required