We are seeking an IT Project Manager to join our Information Technology team in our Purchase, NY office.
Main areas of responsibility:
The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing IT projects on a day-to-day basis using the Project Management Life Cycle process and deliverables.
- Scope, develop and manage plans/schedules/deliverables for small to mid-sized projects
- Manage project timelines, activities, resources and budgets
- Provide weekly status updates and Monthly Executive Status updates
- Manage stakeholder expectations and negotiate with project stakeholders to determine most accurate and appropriate definition of project scope and schedule
- Work closely with technical resources and business analysts in the interpretation of requirements and the translation into design specifications
- Liaise between developers, architects, business analysts and QA analysts. Foster clear communication between the disciplines.
- Ensure that projects comply with audit requirements
- Work closely with outsource development vendors
- Track performance against objectives and develop corrective strategies when objectives are not being met
- Maintain relevant metrics to provide transparency on team performance
- Resolve conflicting priories in scope, schedule and cost for projects among various stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Remove impediments by engaging the right personnel and or finding the right solution
- Additional projects and assignments as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong background in IT project management (5+ years) with detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies. PMP desired
- Background in Specialty Commercial Insurance and Reinsurance desired
- Proven experience managing small to mid-sized IT projects independently
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with an ability to effectively manage cross-functional team discussions
- Strong management skills with an ability to achieve results in a matrix management environment
- Ability to translate business needs into IT deliverables
- Strong business planning, organizing, prioritizing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply Agile and SDLC methodology
- Multi-disciplinary information technology familiarity with proven systems deployment experience
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (TFS, Visual Studio) is a plus.
- Experience using PPM tools
- BS Degree/Equivalent (Technology focus preferable)