QA Test Engineer
Location : Danbury, CT
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Ridgefield One has been contracted to help fill a number of new positions with a profitable, well-established, and rapidly growing Cyber Defense company, flush with VC capital, in Fairfield County, CT.
Our client is seeking a QA Test Engineer with prior experience in Quality Assurance.
Due to national security requirements, all applicants must be full US Citizens.
The company prides itself on being a great place to work and offers a competitive base salary and benefits package.
• Work independently to test all software products, including CDS solutions and individual software kits. (RFTS, SNTS, etc.)
• Create documentation of test processes and procedures for common activities to ensure consistent quality and centralized documentation of results
• Stay abreast of industry best practices regarding QA. Be an advocate of those best practices, where applicable
• Coordinate with other departments to integrate QA into more aspects of the product development process. (Requirements, Design, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
4+ years software test / QA experience
• Identify opportunities for tools and automation, implement solutions that save time and increase quality.
• Investigate product issues as directed, drive them to resolution, and document relevant details for future reference. (for both internally discovered and customer reported issues)
• Recognize and address the many distinct areas of testing, including:
- Verification: Does our implementation meet our design specifications?
- Validation: Do our design specifications satisfy customer requirements?
- Performance: Simulate realistic customer loads based on available data, and record metrics.
• Review technical publications for accuracy and completeness.
- Explicitly reviewing documents as necessary
- Implicitly by referencing the publications to help set up and run tests
• Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on company product use and configuration. As a SME, be available to assist other team members
- Recreate and debug customer reported issues
- Assist sales & marketing with system configuration and performance benchmarking
• Provide feedback on product design, identifying weak spots or bottlenecks, and suggesting improvements.
Required Qualifications :
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Strong programming skills
- compiled languages including C
- scripting languages including Bash shell scripting
• Expert debugging and problem solving skills
• Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux(RHEL) and Windows environments
• Knowledge of TCP and UDP networking
• Eagerness to learn new skills and technology
• Ability to complete tasks independently or as part of a team
Due to U.S. Government and Military contracts candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
This is one of the hottest companies in Fairfield County and a leader in Cyber Security!
Apply via this posting, for more information.
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client worksites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.