Senior .NET Developer
Location : Port Washington, NY
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5-7
Required Education : BA
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and implement .Net frameworks for team use (hands-on coding)
- Collaborate and interface with Marketing leads, Product Owners and/or Technology teams to help drive technology approach and solutions within an Agile/Scrum framework
- Implement Agile best practices, such as TDD, CI, Automation Deployments, Unit Testing best practices, Test Automation, Pair Programming, etc.
- Collaborate on infrastructure and release deployments/instructions
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors degree in a technology discipline required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7+ years technical experience in designing applications and physical architectures for enterprise level, mission critical systems.
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies
Proficiency in the following technologies:
- 5-7 years experience using C#, .NET Framework (through 4.0), .NET, ADO.NET, NHibernate - the candidate must have successfully created large scale .Net web applications using these technologies without the use of a code generation engine.
- Design Patterns: MVC, Dependency Injection, Decorator, Factory
- Gang of Four; SOLID Principles
- Data Access Libraries: ADO.NET, Entity Framework (or any other ORM framework)
- Databases: SQL Server (through 2012), ability to create highly optimized stored procedures and SQL structures
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), RESTful Web Services: experience developing platform interoperable
- Message Queue / Service Bus based Architectures
At least 2 years solid experience in:
- Agile Methodology/Scrum Framework - The candidate must have experience working on Agile Delivery teams that have followed either Scrum or eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks.
- Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration – The candidate must have successfully integrated TDD at a high code coverage, and continuous integration thru staging environment of a high-traffic application. The candidate must exhibit an awareness of maximizing code quality and minimizing technical debt
- Caching – The candidate must have experience in building / maintaining high volume web applications and API's utilizing various middle or back-end caching mechanisms, either software or hardware based.
Nice-to-have experience in the following technologies:
- Automated Testing: Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Selenium
- Message Queue and Pub/Sub frameworks and services: NServiceBus, MSMQ
- Design Patterns: DDD, CQRS/Event Sourcing
- Delivery Patterns: Continuous Delivery, Feature Toggling, Canary Releases
- Big Data: Hadoop, HDFS, Zookeeper, Kafka, Spark
- NoSQL: MongoDB, CassandraDB, HBase
- Duplex communication mechanisms: Websockets, SignalR
- Cloud Computing Platforms: AWS, Azure
- Language/Platform variety: PHP, MySQL, Java, Postgress, Oracle, Ruby, Python
- Familiarity in working with cloud infrastructures (AWS, etc)
- Experience leading small development teams on projects, monitoring progress, and ensuring deliverables are met on time and on budget
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills. Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Self starter
- Passion in programming
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client worksites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.