Location : Danbury, CT
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Ridgefield One has been contracted to help fill a number of new positions with a growing Cyber Defense company in Fairfield County, CT.
Our client is seeking a C/C++ Software Engineer with prior experience in C-based code development on a Linux box.
Due to national security requirements, all applicants must be full US Citizens.
The company prides itself on being a great place to work and offers a competitive base salary and benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Setup and Test new hardware platforms that are developed.
• Development, write C code as required.
• Configure OS for new hardware platforms, install Company Applications, and define tests plans to match system requirements.
• Work with customers to understand problems and define solutions.
• Test driver features, convey working knowledge of the feature to the Test Group and the Documentation Group.
• Maintain control of new systems: same revision of HW and SW, and keep them running meaningful tests during the development Cycle.
• Work effectively within a team environment.
• Able to work in a fast passed start-up environment.
Required Qualifications :
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Knowledge of relevant software/systems as follows:
- Unix (i,e, Linux, Sun Solaris, etc)
- Development skills and overall knowledge of Linux systems
- C/C++ programming skills
- Network skills
- Familiarity of version control software (CVS, GIT)
• Experience building and configuring Linux for custom hardware platforms
• Experience with testing Hardware
• Experience debugging system level problems
• Experience writing system level C code. Example, Device Drivers.
• Significant hands-on experience with the software development and testing.
• Overall coordination, development and execution of product development.
Due to U.S. Government and Military contracts candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
Apply via this posting, for more information.
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client worksites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.