Sr. .Net e-Commerce Developer
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, retail e-commerce environment. He/she should have previous experience in working with e-commerce sites; preferably building interfaces between retailers and vendors. He/she will be a hands-on, self-starter, who can help us evolve and grow our digital commerce capabilities. The successful candidate is someone who can combine their web development, project management and architectural skills to deliver requirements on time and within budget. All applicants will be required to demonstrate their abilities by showing us some previous code samples.
- Directly involved in the structure, design, implementation and quality assurance of all digital and e-commerce technologies.
- Responsible for installing and supporting connectivity between our company and multiple online retailers.
Participates in all aspects of the company’s web development activities; delivers best-in-class web solutions and advance the company’s position as a technology thought leader in its space.
- Manages third-party vendors and outside contractors; ensuring objectives are communicated and deliverables are met.
- Works with other departments to ensure e-commerce technology is integrated with the corporate technology infrastructure as well as serve as point-of-contact for all related issues.
- Proactively documents, publishes, establishes and updates technology specifications, code standards, departmental processes and procedures.
- Management and documentation of change requests and issue tracking.
- Oversees quality assurance to ensure programming meets published requirements.
- Accurately estimates technology development team tasks and manages multiple deliverables simultaneously.
Investigates new technologies and platforms, stay current on standards and best practices for coding, delivery and optimization.
- 10+ years working with eCommerce websites
- 5+ years working with online retailers
- Design and creation of relational database schemas, including XML and SQL queries preferred.
- Google Analytics experience.
- Should be a motivated self-starter, process-oriented with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and flexibility to accommodate demanding projects schedules.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting (debugging) skills.
- Familiarity with search engine optimization, personalization, web analytics, and on-site search solutions (preferred).
Superior communications skills – oral, written, and interpersonal – with a passion for sharing knowledge.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree is a plus.