Talend/Big Data Developer
Our client is a worldwide leader in Insurance and Financial Products. The Company is seeking a Big Data Hadoop, Cassandra & Talend - ETL Developer to be part of a Scrum team in designing, developing, and deploying ETL solutions in a big data platform for the IT Life, Disability and Health pillar of the organization. The candidate will be part of the Information Management organization responsible for architecting and developing a Data Integration Hub enabling The Company to leverage data as an asset by providing a single authoritative view of the business, providing a layer of separation between our complex data sources and our data consumers; thereby, providing each data layer to evolve independently.
• Architect, design, construct, test, tune, and deploy ETL infrastructure based on the Hadoop ecosystem based technologies.
• Work closely with administrators, architects, and application teams to insure applications are performing well and within agreed upon SLAs.
• Work closely with Scrum team and Data Scientist teams to achieve company business objectives.
• Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop solutions.
• Lead/mentor developers in setting ETL architecture, design, and development standards.
• Research and experiment with emerging ETL technologies and tools related to Big Data.
• Contribute to the Big Data open source ecosystem.
• Work with the team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development, processes, standards, and error recovery procedures are deployed; ensuring a high degree of data quality.
• Maintain, tune, and support the ETL platform on a day-to-day basis to insure high availability.
• This is a hands-on role; you will lead by doing.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Experience within the Life Insurance industry space preferred.
• Excellent technical and organizational skills.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Proficiencies with Agile development practices.
• Experience with and strong understanding of Data Warehousing and Big Data Hadoop ecosystems.
• Experience translating functional and technical requirements into technical specifications and design.
• Knowledge and experience of ELT for Data Lake to ETL for the data servicing layer life cycle.
• Experience with ELT/ETL batch, real-time, streaming, and messaging.
• Experience with one or more of the following: Talend, AB-Initio, Informatica/Data Exchange.
• Experience with Hadoop Map Reduce loading into a Data Warehouse.
• Experience with HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, CouchDB a plus.
• Experience with RDBMS technologies and SQL languages, Oracle & SQL Server a plus.
• Experience with NoSQL platforms a plus.
• Experience with Cloud solutions including admin. / deployment of data in AWS or Azure a plus.
• Working knowledge of ACORD modeling a plus.
• Working knowledge of web technologies and protocols (JAVA/NoSQL/JSON/REST/JMS) a plus.
Background and experience desired:
• The position calls for a seasoned IT professional with senior leadership qualities and background with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT.
• 6+ years of experience building and managing complex ETL infrastructure solutions.
• 6+ years of experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node environments utilizing Big Data ecosystems.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of experience in the IT Industry.