Location : Ridgefield, CT
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Compensation : 30.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Part Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Ridgefield One recruits top candidates for Professional jobs in Connecticut, New York, and the surrounding area. The company provides permanent and temporary staffing to companies in all industries.
We have an immediate opening with one of Fairfield County's top Orthodontists located in a state-of-the-art, smoke-free facility in Fairfield County, Connecticut. This position will provide immediate temporary relief to the current workload. If the current pace of business keeps up this could lead to a permanent role with the company.
The position is designed for the employee who requires the flexibility of a part-time job with the assurance of a fairly set schedule which utilizes the employee's prior education and experience. This is a great role for someone who is proactive and likes to keep busy. If you are the kind of person who tends to look around and see things that need to be done and then gets them done, this is the job for you.
Responsibilities may vary but generally will include:
- Greet and check in patients with a welcoming disposition
- Lead office tours for prospective new patients
- Answer all incoming phone calls with a friendly voice and manners
- Establish a relationship with new and existing patients
- Monitor patient flow and help ensure everyone is seen on time
- Participate in the celebration when patients get their braces off
- Guide prospective new customers into a treatment plan
- Help patients with forms in office, on phone, and via email
- Help new patients sign personalized payment plan
- Collect outstanding payments
- File dental insurance claims and follow up with payments
- Remind patients of appointments
- Schedule appointment with patients whom the doctor has not seen in a while
- Implement and oversee written office policies and procedures
- Screen and hire new employees
- Ensure cleanliness of all public areas of the office
- Collect and sort incoming mail and packages, send outgoing mail and packages
- Pay bills
- Oversee payroll
- Attend continuing education courses to stay abreast of new developments
- Schedule and run bi-weekly staff meetings
- Open and close the office, following procedures for lights/thermostat/etc.
- Generally, ensure the doctor can focus on what he does best rather than running his business
The doctor offers a competitive hourly pay rate, 2 weeks of paid vacation (increases over time), 3 paid sick days, 4 paid holidays, 3% matching in the 401k plan after the first year, $200 stipend for medical insurance, free braces for yourself (small fee for Invisalign), occasional lunch outings with the whole team.
Required Qualifications :
Requirements for this role include:
- Experience with Microsoft Office with ability to learn new apps
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and stay on task, completing each item in a timely manner
- Pleasant disposition with the sincere desire to comfort and help people
- Confidence to walk patients through financial plans and ensure agreements are signed
- A commitment to arrive at the office half an hour prior to opening regardless of traffic, weather, or outside obligations
- Desire to constantly improve including accepting constructive feedback and attending off-site classes and seminars, with occasional weekend or overnight stays
- Flexibility to occasionally work days when the office is closed, to tie up loose ends
- Plans to take vacation days during the annual summer shutdown
- Amenable to straightening your teeth if needed (free braces as a fringe benefit)
- Willingness to take direction with the capability of not needing it
- Empathy and care
All candidates must be able to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by their first day of employment, which includes a recent booster shot.
Smoking and vaping is prohibited on the entire premises.
Ridgefield One provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ridgefield One complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or client work sites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.