The Quality Assurance Technician is a position required for any facility or business unit, which has significant manufacturing, or assembly or combination thereof. This position will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
This position is to support the quality goals and vision of the Company by coordinating corrective actions and continuous improvements to ensure we exceed our customer expectations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Responsible for recording, processing and analyzing data to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities in process and product quality.
- Responsible for establishing and training for quality methods and practices – statistical methods, process control plans, test and inspection procedures, root cause analysis and problem solving tools.
- Responsible to lead continuous improvement to meet annual quality goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate nonconforming material. Disposition material, assign and evaluate corrective action. Perform follow up to process changes that effect product quality.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Develop and implement QC departmental ISO procedures. Provide necessary implementation and support.
- Coordinate, schedule and assist in customer inspections and third party inspection agencies to ensure that the orders have maximum throughput.
- Assist quality technician as needed with calibration of all measuring instruments and any tools that require such calibration.
- Support technical service department with field quality complaint analysis, implementing short and long term corrective action. Some field service call visits may be required.
- Develop test methods/procedures to support product validation efforts.
- Perform performance validations tests and reports to exceed customer expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 year’s previous experience is required in a manufacturing based business.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Computer skills
- Must have an understanding of safety requirements that are applicable to the position and areas of manufacturing.